Tourism and related services. Requirements and recommendations for beach operation
ISO 13009 is related to Tourism and related services. Requirements and recommendations for concessionaires and users of beaches.
The principles on which ISO 13009 is based are five: safety, quality, usability, sustainability, and transparency to customers.
In particular, ISO 13009 certification helps to:
– make informed decisions about beach management, depending on the intensity of tourism
– in addition to organizational aspects, ISO 13009 explains how to manage education and safety information: signalling, access, zoning, surveillance, rescue, water quality and beach facilities
– emergency preparedness: division into categories and visualization of specific human resources, evacuation procedures in case of hostile events such as storms, tides, heavy rain, etc.
– improving the quality of the offered service
– favouring a wider range of consumers who are attentive to aspects of environmental sustainability and service quality
– compliance with applicable regulations
– lower environmental impact
STAGES OF THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
1. Development and implementation in the organization of a system according to the respective ISO standard
2. Conducting an audit establishing the operation of the implemented system
3. Taking a decision on certification based on facts established during the audit